Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Best Publisher 2007

Welcome to my 1st Annual Comics Awards! My apologies to Comic Book Resources, considering I stole most of their categories...
So, without further ado, my publisher of the year is:

Marvel Comics
Marvel had some major, universe changing this year. And, unlike some other publishers, it happened in continuity! The comics are actually having to react to this new status quo! Of course, I'm talking about Civil War, but there were other changes as well. Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest brought some forgotten heroes to the forefront and changed how life outside the planet Earth operates, decimating the Skrull and Kree races. The discovery of the 3rd Summers brother, Vulcan, is having ramifications in the Shi'ar galaxy. There were some major blunders and delays, but all in all, a great year for Marvel.

No comments: